POST-RENOVATION CLEANING: THE BEST WAY TO DO IT
Transforming your home in an imaginative renovation project feels great, there’s no doubt about that. However, the mess that is left behind is definitely not something anyone looks forward to cleaning. So, how do you make your home shine after renovation work?
With everything else you have to think about when renovating your home, cleaning is probably the last thing on your mind. Fortunately, getting rid of the mess isn’t something you have to worry about! With the leading renovation cleaning in Anchorage, your property will look impeccable in no time at all, no matter how messy the renovation job was.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY HOUSE AFTER RENOVATION?
Depending on how big your renovation project was, you will probably have to put in a substantial amount of time and effort to get rid of dust after the construction and make everything look shipshape in your home. While doing your business or other important things, GC Cleaning Services can handle it for you.
Luckily, we’ve prepared some general tips to help you tackle your post-construction mess:
- Walls: unless your walls have been newly painted, use a damp towel or cloth to wipe them down. You can wrap the cloth around an extension duster or a broom to get into the high corners and the ceiling;
- Floors: vacuum all carpeted and non-carpeted floors and use your mop to go over wood, linoleum, or tile surfaces to get rid of all the dirt;
- Upholstery: use the soft brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner to go over your upholstered furniture, even if it was covered during the renovation work.
- Light fixtures: dust and wipe down all light fixtures. Don’t forget the blades of your ceiling fan if you have one.
- Other furniture: use a damp cloth to go over all other furniture pieces, metal, and wood surfaces to eliminate any remaining dirt and dust.
- Air filters: make sure to check up on your air filters and clean them and put them back in case they’ve been removed during the renovation.